The principles on which we provide all our services are:
- Social Inclusion: Clients will be encouraged and supported in making informed choices, in using community resources and participating in the life of the community.
- Respect: Clients are safeguarded by St. Anne’s policies and procedures. Service users will be treated with respect by staff at all times.
- A person centred approach: Clients needs and wishes will be central to all support planning, and will be agreed with individuals through full consultation and involvement.
- Consultation: Clients will be consulted both individually and at a service level about decisions and issues affecting their lives.
- Confidentiality: Clients will be made aware that information about them is handled appropriately and in accordance with St. Anne’s policies and procedures.
- Competent and well trained staff: Clients will benefit from well trained and supported staff who will provide a high quality service and protection from abuse.
- Working in partnership: St. Anne’s will work co-operatively with other agencies and carers in the planning and delivery of support to clients.
- Best practice and continuous improvement: To meet an ever changing social care and health environment, St. Anne’s strives for continuous improvement and to be an innovative provider whilst also meeting legislative and national guidance requirements.