As part of the ongoing development initiatives at Oxfield Court, Samantha Francis and Marnie Walker have completed the training required to become Dementia Friends champions. Their aim is to encourage to make a positive difference to the people we support who are living with Dementia. They want to facilitate Dementia Friends awareness sessions, for the staff and relatives that wish to join us.
By providing our teams and family members with information about how to make a difference to people’s lives, they will have a better understanding of and:
- Learn about dementia and how it affects a person’s life
- Become more confident when spending time with someone with dementia
- Help our clients affected by dementia
- Reduce the stigma around dementia
- Challenge misconceptions of the disease
- Join over 2 million people who are taking action
We want Oxfield Court to be part of the dementia friends movement.