- Provides high quality individual packages of support to clients.
- Work in consultation with clients, their families, advocates and other professionals to create a unique ‘Person Centred Plan’. This plan sets objectives which reflects the individual goals and aspirations of clients and sets out the support required to meet these.
- Promotes independence and support clients to enhance their abilities and skills in order that they can take a more active role in the community.
- Values the individual clients for who they are and promote diversity amongst clients and within the staff team.
- Encourages and supports clients to make informed choices in using community resources and participating in the local community.
- Continually develops the skills of the staff team in order to effectively meet the needs of clients. Staff understand common induction standards, and develop on existing skills and create new skills.
For more information, read the Calderdale Learning Disability Services Leaflet.