Fox View respite service has large communal rooms and a fully fitted bathroom with specialised bath facilities –together with a separate wet room with a shower trolley if required.
All bedrooms are spacious with private washing facilities. Guests are encouraged to personalise their room however they wish during their stay.
The service has four beds offering breaks 365 days a year and has a nurse on duty 24 hours a day to ensure the highest levels of service provision.
Fox View respite service has two further beds for emergency provision, for which there is an agreed protocol for access.
Fox View benefits from spacious enclosed gardens.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Fox View promotes the ethos of Dignity, Independence, Choice and Inclusion by utilising a person centred approach to care delivery.
Fox Views currently offers short term breaks to 25 families. They hold two emergency beds for families accessing the existing service and the service at our sister unit in South Kirklees “Shady Trees”
Fox View works closely with Commissioners as well as all other agencies to ensure an appropriate and professional service.
What does the Service offer
- Single storey building, making it fully accessible.
- Tracked throughout.
- 24 hour Nursing cover.
- A well trained staff team able to offer care such as PEG feeding, Stoma care, Suctioning, Pressure Care, Tracheostomy care and Epilepsy Management.
- Snoozelyn Room to allow for sensory activities.
- Karaoke and music mats for leisure.
- Spacious enclosed garden.
- A vehicle to enable community leisure where appropriate.
Who should be referred to this service?
Adults with a learning disability and complex health needs residing in a domestic situation, whose carers are entitled to respite breaks.
Who can refer?
Social Workers through Gateway to Care initially.
Manager: Cheryl Simpson