Oxfield Court Day Centre is a Learning Disability Specialist Nurse led service that is provided in a level access building. Specialist equipment is installed and available to support individuals who use wheelchairs, require specialist seating and/or a range of manual handling equipment/hoists.
The team provide high levels of care to promote the holistic well being of all individuals who access the service.
For individuals living at home with parents/carers
- Nurse input for health and social care needs with additional team support
- Range of activities within the centre and in the community
- Support to make own choices
- Learning and stimulating environment
- Range of snacks/drinks throughout the day
- Supported eating and/or drinking if required
- Healthy nutritional lunch provided with specialist dietary requirements catered for
- Support with personal care (continence requirements/choice)
- Support with positioning and social interaction
- Transport with escort support to and from day centre.
The centre is open Monday to Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays and planned closure dates. Individuals can access from a minimum of one day to a maximum of five days, dependant on identified need. Joint placements are also supported.
The Centre has no daily charge for clients where health funding has been agreed; however additional costs are charged to clients should they choose to access activities outside of the centre that are subject to an entrance fee (or where costs are incurred).
Individual team members have aquired additional qualifications in the following, to facilitate specialist care provision…
- NCFE Equality and Diversity
- NCFE Nutrition and Health
- NCFE The Principles of End of Life Care
- BILD Physical interventions Principal Instructor
Who should be referred to this service?
Individuals with multiple profound learning disabilities and additional complex health needs, or who require nursing care with specialist facilities. Individuals are required to be age 18 or above; there is no maximum age for referral.
Who can refer?
Funding is required to be agreed via The Complex Health Care Panel, plus a Social Worker led assessment, identifying that individual has nursing needs.
A Social Worker is required to refer an individual to Oxfield Court Day Centre. Individuals can be signposted through schools, community teams and transition teams.
Day Centre Manager: Sharon Hayman
Contact Number: 01484 543376