These 6 small group homes are situated around Leeds, providing accommodation for single clients up to six per property. We have two properties in Yeadon, one in Hawkswood, two in Meanwood and one in Hyde Park. All houses are close to local amenities.
Ashwood Villas is staffed 24 hours. Other services are staffed according to client needs. Staff lone work and provide a sleep in service.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Ashwood Group Homes aim to:
- Provide continuous support aimed at aiding individuals to increase and develop skills to lead as independent a life as possible, giving support and prompts when required with the goal of independent living.
- Provide a safe living environment working in cooperation with wider care agencies and families.
- Develop and promote the supported living ethos of community living, and promote community links for the individuals requirements and goals.
What does the Service offer
- Enables individuals to learn to look after their own home, including doing their cooking, shopping, cleaning and undertaking laundry tasks.
- Enables individuals to access their own bank accounts with the financial guidance tailored to their individual requirements.
- Adapts to meet the changing needs of each individual client.
- Supports the clients to gain self improvement, self esteem and independence.
- Trained and professional staff.
- Support for clients to access healthcare.
- Provides a person centred support for each individual client accessing the service by setting individual goals.
- Provides support which will lead where appropriate to each client independently enjoying community based activities.
- Provides support for clients wishing to access further education and/or find work.
- Supports clients to be involved in the recruitment of staff. Clients access interview training and sit on interview panels.
Who should be referred to this service?
Adults with learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and/or with personal care needs who may require low level support.
The service is open to individuals of any gender.
This service is appropriate for individuals who require minimum support or 24 hour support with sleep-in staff.
Who can refer?
Joint care management team.
Project Manager: Sarah Lowe