These 3 small group homes are situated around Leeds, providing accommodation for up to three single clients per property. These properties are each located in Meanwood, close to local amenities.
Services are staffed according to client needs. Staff lone work and provide a sleep-in service.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
- Fearnville Group Homes aim to:Provide continuous support aimed at aiding individuals to increase and develop skills to lead as independent a life as possible, giving support and prompts when required with the goal of independent living.
- Provide a safe living environment working in co-operation with wider care agencies and families.
- Develop and promote the ethos of community living, and promote community links to meet both the individual’s requirements and the achievement of their goals.
What does the Service offer
- Enables individuals to learn to look after their own home, including doing their cooking, shopping, cleaning and undertaking laundry tasks with staff support as required.
- Enables individuals to access their own bank accounts with the financial guidance tailored to their individual requirements.
- Adapts to meet the changing needs of each individual client.
- Supports the clients to maintain and increase self-esteem and independence.
- Trained and professional staff.
- Support for clients to access healthcare.
- Provides person-centred support for each individual client accessing the service by agreeing individual goals and ensuring there is appropriate support to achieve these.
- Provides support to enable each client to enjoying community based activities.
- Provides support for clients wishing to access further education and/or find work.
Who should be referred to this service?
Adults with learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and/or with personal care needs who may require low level support.
The services are open to individuals of any gender.
The services are appropriate for individuals who require staff support and require the provision of a sleep-in staff overnight.
Who can refer?
Joint Care Management team.
Project Manager: Kate Holmes