The course is good grounding for people who are face to face carers but may be unqualified staff. The course covers:
- Understand the principles of BPSD
- Ethical working, values attitudes and beliefs
- Self management and self control, de-escalation.
- Why some people with dementia may challenge
- Strategies to make a difference whilst avoiding the use of force.
- Reporting and recording
- Practical interventions
- How the law and policy applies when using last resort, best interests and primary, secondary and appropriate emergency options and interventions.
This course is not currently BILD accredited.