Some of your care teams will need more specialist techniques. If using physical interventions your training package should include a gradient approach, for example:
- One day introduction to positive behaviour support.
- One day de-escalation and avoidance with breakaways training.
- One or two days of team interventions
Physical interventions include:
- Safe holding when standing walking, sitting, whilst supporting a distressed or aggressive individual
- Moving people to a place of safety when they are confused, in danger or needing to care for some one in their best interests
The most restrictive techniques include teaching teams to support a client when face up or face down on the floor. This training would add at least another days training.