- Safe movement and safe hands, deflections.
- Grabs – clothing lower arm and chest, arm one and two handed
- Hair pulls from front and rear.
- Kicks open space and closed space.
- Punches – roundhouse and over head.
Participants will then practice each technique in a safe and controlled environment. Learning will be reinforced by participants feeding back to course instructors on each technique.
No fast action or role playing will be involved in any part of the day.
Each technique will be assessed by the course instructors to encourage and promote best and safe practice.
Candidates will observe demonstrations, practice and become competent in techniques that will allow them to safely breakaway from physical attacks using minimum reasonable force.