During the day delegates will:
- Discuss, review and feedback the current situation within their projects.
- Be introduced to definitions, employer’s responsibilities, the law, relevant guidance and best practice applicable to their duty of care.
- Look at and discuss case studies applying operational context to situations presented.
- Review ethical approaches whilst supporting people, focusing on values, attitudes and beliefs.
- Explore options available to support staff, clients and corporate needs when managing challenging behaviours.
Delegates will be able to:
- Describe current climate and management responsibilities when managing challenging clients.
- Give examples of ways to apply lawfulness in practical work based situations.
- Discuss and develop strategic learning needs in line with current legislation.
- Review training needs in line with risk assessments and client needs.
- Commit to safe practice process and achieve best practice status when applying positive behaviour management or holding skills.
- Recognise the critical need for client appropriate development programmes based on national initiatives, drivers and legislation.