Oxfield Court Day Centre and Special Care Unit provide nursing care with specialist facilities for individuals with multiple profound learning disabilities and additional complex health needs
About Oxfield Court Day Centre
Oxfield Court Day Centre provides nursing care for adults with multiple profound learning disabilities and additional complex health needs. As the only nursing day services in Kirklees, we have specialised Learning Disability nurses who are able to support people with a wide range of health needs and disabilities. The team provide high levels of care to promote the holistic well being of all individuals who access the service. The building is fully accessible to everyone. Specialist equipment is installed and available to support individuals who use wheelchairs, require specialist seating and/or a range of manual handling equipment/hoists.
The centre is open Monday to Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays and planned closure dates. Individuals can access from a minimum of one day to a maximum of five days, dependant on identified need. Joint placements are also supported.
The Centre has no daily charge for clients where health funding has been agreed; however additional costs are charged to clients should they choose to access activities outside of the centre that are subject to an entrance fee (or where costs are incurred).
Individual team members have acquired additional qualifications in the following, to facilitate specialist care provision…
- NCFE Equality and Diversity
- NCFE Nutrition and Health
- NCFE The Principles of End of Life Care
Aims and Objectivities
- For individuals living at home with parents/carers:
- Nurse input for health and social care needs with additional team support
- Referral system to access healthcare professionals when additional input is required e.g. Physio, SALT
- Range of activities within the centre and in the community
- Support to make own choices
- Learning and stimulating environment
- Range of snacks/drinks throughout the day
- Supported eating and/or drinking if required
- Healthy nutritional lunch provided with specialist dietary requirements catered for
- Support with personal care (continence requirements/choice)
- Support with positioning and social interaction
- Transport with escort support to and from day centre.
Who do we Support?
Individuals with multiple profound learning disabilities and additional complex health needs, or who require nursing care with specialist facilities. Individuals are required to be age 18 or above; there is no maximum age for referral.
How can we access this support?
Funding is required to be agreed by the Local Authority/Clinical Commissioning Group as appropriate. A full assessment of nursing needs should be completed by the social work team before a suitability assessment would be completed by the nursing team at Oxfield Court Day Centre.
Individuals can be signposted through schools, community teams and transition teams via their social worker. For any further information please contact the Day Centre Manager.
Day Centre Manager: Joanne Seed