How to make a Complaint

In this section

We will always aim to do our best, but unfortunately there may be times when things go wrong. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, we want to hear from you so that we can address any issues and build improvements into our policies and procedures.

How to make a complaint
Please telephone us on: 0113 243 5151, write to us at the following address:

Quality and Safety Leads
St Anne’s Community  Services
6 St Marks Avenue
Or send an email to:

We will send you an acknowledgement of your complaint within 3 working days.

We will work hard to resolve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. Where your case is complex or involves a number of issues, we may need some time to make sure that we have covered everything. Our aim is to take no longer than 4 weeks (28 days) to deal with even the most complicated of complaints, so at the end of this time we will let you have our final response with our decision on your complaint, or explain to you why we are still unable to give you our final response. If this is the case, we will keep you regularly informed, either by telephone or in writing, while we continue the investigation.

If you are unhappy with our final response, you have the right to appeal this decision to the Chief Executive. You can appeal up to 14 days after the date of the original response. The Chief Executive will acknowledge the escalated complaint within 48 hours and make a formal response within 28 working days.

If you are unhappy with the Chief Executive’s response, you may be able to refer your complaint to one of the following:

Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Phone: 0300 061 0614

The Local Government Ombudsman considers complaints about adult social care from individuals about services arranged and funded by local authorities and from people who arrange and fund their own adult social care. This includes those who “self fund” from their own resources or have a personalised budget. The Local Government Ombudsman will inform the Care Quality Commission about outcomes that point at regulatory failures.

The Housing Ombudsman Service
81 Aldwych
Phone: 0300 111 3000

The Housing Ombudsman looks at complaints about registered housing providers including housing associations and other landlords, managers and agents. If someone thinks their landlord has provided a poor service or has managed accommodation badly the Housing Ombudsman will look at the complaint.

Coronavirus (Covid 19) Statement

Due to the exceptional circumstances due to the ongoing Coronavirus (also known as Covid 19) and the Government rules about self-isolating it is very important to reduce the risk of cross infection to all our Clients and staff teams. Our teams are working hard to support all our clients and are committed to keeping everyone as safe as possible.

This means that, in most circumstances, and in line with government information regarding self-isolation and staying at home there should be no visitors to any of our services.

We know, however, that this will be very distressing for some of our Clients.

Therefore, we are saying there must be no visitors to services unless there are exceptional circumstances and the visit is essential.

Before a visit can take place, this must be risk assessed by the manager considering government advice and the individual circumstances. Before setting off on any visit to your relative/friend please get in contact with St Anne’s staff to discuss your visit.

Our services are using all kinds of technology, including social media to make sure that the people we support can stay in touch with those important to them

St Anne’s has developed a visitors protocol to enable visits to begin again in North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Durham, Middlesbrough and Leeds care homes.

In line with Government & local Council Guidelines each Client may have one family member or other person who is close to them visit on a regular basis.

Decisions where visitors can go are being based on Individual Local Authority advice following Government guidelines.

This message will be updated regularly