Sutherland Court is a care home registered to provide accommodation for seven adults with complex physical needs and learning disabilities
About the Service
The home comprises of two large adjoining bungalows. The home benefits from use of adapted vehicle and two large gardens, one of which has recently been landscaped and adapted to meet clients needs and accessibility. The home is located in a quiet residential area of Lightcliffe in Halifax, close to shops, cafes and leisure facilities.
Each connecting bungalow has its own living room, kitchen and garden. Bungalow 1 has a bathroom with a bath and manual bath chair, three bedrooms and is supported by one member of staff. Bungalow 3 has a wet room, four bedrooms and is supported by two members of staff. The property shares a laundry room. There is waking night staff and sleep-in staff on duty during the night.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
To provide person centred support to clients, with a strong emphasis on promoting independence, making informed choices and working in consultation with individuals to enhance their quality of life.
- To provide high quality individual packages of support to clients.
- To provide a homely environment which offers comfort, privacy and space for individual expression in accordance with or organisation mission statement.
- To enable individuals to experience and benefit from a degree of risk taking within a safe assessed and secure environment.
- To work in partnerships with the clients, their families, advocates and other professionals to create a person centred plan.
- To set objectives which reflect the individual goals and aspirations and support them to meet these.
- To treat clients with respect at all times.
- To promote independence and support clients at all times to enhance their abilities and skills in order that they take a more active role in society, if they wish.
- To value individual’s for who they are and promote equality and diversity.
- To encourage and support the clients to make informed choices, in using community resources and participating in the local community.
- To continually develop the skills of the staff team in order to effectively meet the needs of the clients
How can I access this support?
- Assessment of need by care manager (social worker/community nurse)
- Following of the eligibility criteria
- Full assessment involving prospective client and family.
- Planned visits to meet everyone at the service, followed by an overnight stay and short stays.
Manager: Gareth Chapman