Kings Mill Court is a complex containing 12 self contained apartments, with additional communal facilities situated in Huddersfield. Kings Mill Court offers a service for adults who have a learning disability, mental health issues or complex behavioural support needs
About the Service
Kings Mill Court has 12 self contained apartments including 4 fully accessible apartments and hosts a range of assistive technology to assist and promote the clients’ independence.
All clients are consulted on their support needs and wishes and support is delivered with a person centred approach. Clients are encouraged to make decisions in all aspects of their lives.
All clients have a person centred plan and are supported to have an annual health check. Staff also support clients to maintain a healthy lifestyle and promote good health.
Staff support clients with daily living tasks, social and leisure interests and maintenance of health and personal care as required.
Staff are well trained and committed to supporting clients with the upmost respect and dignity. Staff support tenants to use/explore the wider community by using the local amenities i.e. shops, libraries, sport centres, pubs and clubs etc..
Kings Mill Court has been rated Outstanding by Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Our aim is to provide quality support to individuals to enable and empower them to maintain their independence and achieve their goals and outcomes.
We support individuals to have an active and independent life and we can support individuals in activities in the home or community, such as:
- Accessing services
- Health needs
- Accessing education, leisure, employment
- Supporting people with finances and managing budgets/planning
- Support to manage housing needs
- Support individuals to develop daily living skills such as cooking a meal, domestic tasks, dealing with correspondence, meal planning, shopping
- Work within assessed needs and monitoring changing needs
- Manage and take positive risks
- Use person centred approaches for support and planning
- We assist individuals who require support with everyday needs from domestic tasks, attending appointments, social activities and any other need they may require support with, this is including personal care.
Who do we support?
We assist individuals who require support with everyday needs from domestic tasks, attending appointments, social activities and any other need they may require support with, this is including personal care.
How can I access this support?
Referrals to the service are accepted from health and social care professionals; the team at Kings Mill Court are always pleased to have the opportunity to discuss how their service can meet the needs of adults with a learning disability.
Registered Manager: Sean Barrett