North Kirklees Supported Living service provides tenancy related support to individuals who have a learning disability or mental health issues
About the Service
North Kirklees Supported Living service is based in the Dewsbury area, but covers all of North Kirklees.
The service provides tenancy related support to individuals who have a learning disability and/or mental health issues. The service also provides support through Direct Payment and Personalisation Budgets.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Seeks to support people to remain within their own tenancy, to gain independence around their life-skills, and enable them to have control and to make their own choices.
North Kirklees Supported Living team plan works to St Anne’s Values:-
- Care – To always strive to provide compassionate and nurturing care to the people we support.
- Person Centred – To value everyone as an individual and make adaptions wherever we can to accommodate people with a range of support needs.
- Dignity and respect – to demonstrate strong values of dignity and respect for the people we support and each other and to recognise and celebrate everyone’s unique contribution.
- Quality – To strive offer the highest standard of innovative care and support and to demonstrate this through measurable outcomes.
What does the Service offer?
Each client is assessed individually and support will be provided based on their needs. The service can provide direct working Monday to Friday. This service does not provide support with personal care.
The staff team will use their skills and knowledge to help clients in the following ways:
- Finding a tenancy
- Looking after themselves and their home
- Keeping safe
- Managing money and paying bills
- Being and staying healthy, both physically and mentally
- Filling in forms, making telephone calls and attending appointments
- Finding learning and training opportunities
- Getting and keeping a job
- Being involved in the local community
- Accessing services.
Who do we support?
Applicants should have an identified support need, Ie learning disability, mental health and or experiencing difficulties maintaining their tenancy.
How can I access the support?
Voluntary, Statutory providers.
Self referrals are accepted – though applicants should be prepared to supply one or more names and contact details who can provide information to support their application.
Manager: Angela Jones
Contact Number: 01924 456760