Oxfield Court is a registered nursing home providing support for up to 24 people in 4 separate bungalows with varying degrees of learning disabilities. Some clients have complex needs and some have behaviours which may challenge.
About the service
Oxfield Court Nursing Service consists of 4 purpose built bungalows. A combination of highly skilled registered nurses and support staff are provided with specialised training to meet the needs of those who live there. 24 hour care is provided.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Oxfield Court Nursing Service aims to provide high standards of support for individuals within the service whilst ensuring clients have opportunities to develop their independence. The service provides holistic support and provides quality services in all areas of clients’ lives which encompass the environment in which the clients live, personal care, social and leisure activities, supporting social and family relationships and spirituality.
The service aims to achieve this by:
- Treating clients with respect and dignity at all times, by utilising St Anne’s and Kirklees Safeguarding Policies.
- Respecting clients’ confidentiality in all aspects of their lives.
- Following a person centred approach to ensure clients’ needs, preferences and wishes are at the centre of all support plans. Clients are consulted in all areas of their lives via person centred planning meetings, client meetings and client satisfaction surveys. Oxfield Court aims to make the formats of these accessible for each client.
- Ensuring clients are provided with informed choices regarding community resources and are supported to access and participate in community life.
- Staff within the home are well trained and ensure they remain current in their thinking and practice in order to provide an innovative service in line with national and legislative guidance. Staff promote inter-partnership working to achieve this.
What does the Service offer
Community presence and participation are important to people; staff support those living at Oxfield Court to access activities and services of their choice within the local and wider community.
Family links are encouraged and supported. Activities that people currently enjoy include:
Reminiscence/Chat groups, Swimming, Pubs/meals out, Walking, Bowling, Theatre, Rebound Therapy, Hydrotherapy, Concerts, Day Trips, Gateway, Cinema, Adapted Cycling, Ice Skating and many more.
People who use our services are as involved where possible in the development of their own care plans, and are supported in making informed choices about all aspects of their lives using a person centred approach.
Each client has their own primary nurse and key worker who co-ordinate their care.
The service has been fitted with a variety of adaptations to meet people’s support needs including tracking, hoists and bathing equipment.
Who do we Support?
Adults with a Learning Disability who require nursing support
How can we access the Support?
To access the service, you will need to complete a St Anne’s application form for services. You will need to be assessed as requiring a nursing service and referred by CTLD.
Registered Manager: Judith Cooper