Queensway in Huddersfield is a residential home providing support to 6 people with learning disabilities. Some our clients have behaviours which may challenge the service.
About the service
Queensway is a 6 bedroom residential home for people with moderate to severe learning disabilities. Queensway offers 24 hour residential care. The staff support the clients in all tasks, including personal care and domestic skills. Queensway is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
- To encourage clients to have opportunities for choice, the chance to develop skills and gain life experiences.
- To encourage self esteem and confidence.
- To have care evaluated at regular intervals and for appropriate interventions to take place.
- To encourage liaison between clients and their families, where both parties wish for it.
- To give clients chance to have all their personal care needs met.
- For the resources of this house to be utilised to their maximum potential.
Our team actively promotes choice, dignity and respect. We offer a variety of community activities fully supported by our staff team, and a thorough holistic plan of care which is evaluated regularly through the use of the Person Centred Individual Planning.
How can we access this support?
Referrals to the service are accepted from health and social care professionals; the team at Queensway are always pleased to have the opportunity to discuss how their service can meet the needs of adults with a learning disability.
Registered Manager: Natalie Dyrlaga