Cardigan Road is a residential service for adults with learning disabilities.
About the service
Cardigan Road service is situated in Headingley on a central bus route, offering easy access to local facilities and amenities.
The service has 7 bedrooms and 1 bedsit and is set over 4 floors with chair lift access.
The house is staffed 24 hours a day with no waking nights.
Aims and Objectives of the Service
Cardigan Road Aims to:
- Provide continuous care and support aimed at assisting individuals to maintain and develop new skills, with the goal of promoting self reliance.
- Provide a safe living environment working in co-operation with wider care agencies and families.
- Develop and promote the ethos of community living and facilitate community links for individuals with a learning disability.
What does the Service offer
- Person centred care for each individual entering the service.
- Trained and professional staff.
- Provision of opportunity for self improvement.
- Focus upon maintenance of established skills.
- Adaptation to the changing needs of the clients whenever possible.
- Promotion of diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Enabling individuals to enjoy community access and holidays with support when needed.
Who do we support?
- Adults with learning disabilities
- The service is open to individuals of any gender.
- Individuals who require 24 hour support.
- Individuals looking to maintain/enhance their independence skills.
- Individuals with low level challenging behaviour.
How can we access this support?
Project Manager: Michelle Adam