Greenacres (62 Harrogate Road) in Ripon is a residential service for 5 adults with learning disabilities of mixed age, gender and ability
Greenacres is staffed 24/7. The service is staffed throughout the day according to the requirements of the client group. At present a staff member sleeps on the premises and an additional staff member is on call throughout the hours of 9pm until 8.30am to cover any unforeseen issues across two services which are located next door to each other .
The house is managed on a day to day basis by a Registered Manager who also manages the Supported Living service at the adjacent property Pathways. Pathways shares the same on call system as Greenarces, same hours, one member of staff covers the on call for both properties.
The services are registered with CQC, they are both dorma bungalows on the outskirts of the historic city of Ripon. The bungalows is situated close to the bypass, a major supermarket and on a good regular bus service to both the town centre and Harrogate. The properties are approximately a mile from the city centre.
Aims and Objectives of the Services
The aims and objectives of the homes as identified in the home’s Statement of Purpose were written with the clients of each service group and are subject to change as required but presently state:
With staff support our current clients have the right to:
- Help in maintaining a clean and tidy environment
- A diverse staff team with different abilities, ages and gender
- Consultation on potential changes
- The right to keep pets
- A likeable, approachable staff team
- A fun environment
- Right to privacy
- Opportunities to develop
- The right to say ‘NO’
- Support to go out
- Choice of menu
- Support in meeting people
- Help with budgeting personal monies
- Good staffing levels and stability
- Time to be able to talk and be listened to
- Option to move to other locations if requested
- Options to be discussed to enable choice or decisions
- Respect and dignity
- Help visit relations by providing home car and a driver
- Support in all aspects of life
- To develop at the individual’s own pace
- Striving for realistic goals-assistance to progress
- To use preferred bathing, shower or bath
What does the Services offer
The homes offers support appropriate to the individual client whether that be with communication, supporting with daily living, personal care, support with attending appointments, maintaining contacts, budgeting etc
Who should be referred to this service?
People with learning disabilities
Who can refer?
Social Care Assessors
Home Manager: Mrs J Hanrahan