All our teaching majors on avoidance, de-escalation and client and staff well being.
Some of your care teams will need more specialist techniques. If using physical interventions your training package should include a gradient approach, for example:
- One day introduction to positive behaviour support.
- One day de-escalation and avoidance with breakaways training.
- One or two days of team interventions
Physical interventions include:
- Safe holding when standing walking, sitting, whilst supporting a distressed or aggressive individual
- Moving people to a place of safety when they are confused, in danger or needing to care for some one in their best interests
If a client’s bespoke plan requires the use of more restrictive techniques such as supporting on the floor this would include an additional day of training.