ST-ACS PBS Training Courses include Physical Intervention and Break away Training
ST-ACS PBS Training team help create a safe environment many organisations are striving to achieve when supporting behaviours of concern. All of our recommendations are in line with current best practice and the Restraint Reduction Network Standards 2019.
The ST-ACS PBS team understand operational issues. Our organisation, is first and foremost a care provider operating within the same challenging environment as other organisations in the social care sector.
Our PBS model is delivered and managed in our own operational services. We continually learn through our own experience, whilst ensuring we meet the needs of the people we support on a bespoke and individual basis. Our reputation is based on quality and continuous improvement; we meet and aim to exceed BILD, CQC, safeguarding and national standards.
ST-ACS PBS Training team believe in the highest quality of delivery, keeping your organisation’s key stake holders as safe as is practicable both when planning proactive strategies or when using any degree of physical intervention.
St Anne’s PBS training has BILDACT certification to the Restraint Reduction Network Standards 2019.
The Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards 2019 have been written for training services delivered to education, health and social care services across the UK including services that support people with autism, learning disabilities, dementia and mental health conditions.
The Standards aim to facilitate culture change, not just technical competence. They are designed to:
- Protect people’s fundamental human rights and promote person centred best interest and therapeutic approaches to supporting people when they are distressed
- Improve the quality of life of people who may need a restrictive practice and those supporting them.
- Reduce reliance on restrictive practices by promoting positive culture and practice that focuses on prevention, de-escalation and reflective practice
- Increase understanding of the root causes of behaviour and recognition that many behaviours are the result of distress due to unmet needs
- Where required, focus on the safest and most dignified use of restrictive interventions including physical restraint
For more information on the RRN Training Standards please visit: http://restraintreductionnetwork.org/know-the-standard/
ST-ACS Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Training is a member of the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) who help those supporting people with complex needs – including our members, universities, government departments, local authorities, NHS trusts, service providers and mainstream organisations – to champion rights, ensure excellent support and continually improve practice.