The Introduction to PBS is a one day course designed for new starters or inexperienced staff who work in challenging environments
The course is good grounding for people who are face to face carers but may be unqualified staff. The course covers:
- How the law and policy applies when using proactive and reactive interventions.
- Ethical working, values attitudes and beliefs
- Self management and self control, de-escalation.
- Why people challenge and some simple strategies to make a difference whilst avoiding the use of force.
- Reporting and recording
- BILD accredited practical breakaways and interventions