Positive Behaviour Support Planning Training is a one day course, depending on your needs. This course is directed at staff working with vulnerable adults who will need to plan, assess and monitor individual’s behaviours
We recommend a one day course for all staff with the option of topping up any areas of developing concern. The aim of the Positive Behaviour Support Planning course is to provide an overview to staff of a positive approach to working with people whose behaviour challenges others, and limits their own opportunities.
- To develop an awareness of St Anne’s positive behaviour support model and how this can have a positive effect on a person’s whole life and not just behaviour.
- To develop a range of positive strategies and outcomes in order to improve a client’s quality of life.
- To understand the components of behaviour support.
- To develop an awareness of how to respond to challenging behaviours in a proactive manner.
- To develop an awareness of positive strategies to prevent, divert and/or de-escalate behaviours.
- To develop an awareness of documentation systems and the importance of monitoring and recording systems in the management of behaviour support.