The Introduction to PBS is a one day course designed for new starters or inexperienced staff who work in challenging environments
The course is good grounding for people who are face to face carers but may be unqualified staff. The course covers:
- Understand the principles of BPSD
- Ethical working, values attitudes and beliefs
- Self management and self control, de-escalation.
- Why some people with dementia may challenge
- Strategies to make a difference whilst avoiding the use of force.
- Reporting and recording
- Practical interventions
- How the law and policy applies when using last resort, best interests and primary, secondary and appropriate emergency options and interventions.
This course is not currently BILD accredited.