St Anne’s will deliver an in depth session outlining responsibilities when managing people who challenge services. This will increase delegates’ confidence and understanding of relevant issues, enabling them to promote best safe practice
During the day delegates will:
- Discuss, review and feedback the current situation within their projects.
- Be introduced to definitions, employer’s responsibilities, the law, relevant guidance and best practice applicable to their duty of care.
- Look at and discuss case studies applying operational context to situations presented.
- Review ethical approaches whilst supporting people, focusing on values, attitudes and beliefs.
- Explore options available to support staff, clients and corporate needs when managing challenging behaviours.
Delegates will be able to:
- Describe current climate and management responsibilities when managing challenging clients.
- Give examples of ways to apply lawfulness in practical work based situations.
- Discuss and develop strategic learning needs in line with current legislation.
- Review training needs in line with risk assessments and client needs.
- Commit to safe practice process and achieve best practice status when applying positive behaviour management or holding skills.
- Recognise the critical need for client appropriate development programmes based on national initiatives, drivers and legislation.