St Anne’s is a leading provider of care and support services in Yorkshire and the North East, with a reputation for high quality, person-centred services and a rating of ‘Good’ for 96% of our services.
Dewsbury area, North Kirklees
Negotiable hours per week
We are looking for volunteer befrienders to support individuals within the North Kirklees Area. You will support our clients to meet their support activities for daily living, accessing and engaging in the community and to help prevent social isolation.
The key duties of a Volunteer Befriender will involve supporting individuals to pursue leisure / recreational opportunities such as visiting local places of interest, going on walks or attending events, meeting up for a chat & coffee, cinema visits and other social outings.
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to obtain experience in a health and social care setting.
What skills/qualities are we looking for?
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and empathy towards individuals
- Good listening skills
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Willingness to undertake relevant training
- Reliable and person centred
What will you gain from volunteering with St. Anne’s?
- Opportunity to interact with different people
- Develop your communication skills
- Experience of working in a rewarding environment for a worthwhile cause
- Access St Anne’s Training for yourself.
- Gain experience in a Health & Social Care setting.
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please visit click Apply or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference V/047 in your email.
Closing Date: 5th August 2019
You can apply here