Thursday 1 February 2018
What is Dignity Action Day?
Dignity Action Day gives everyone the opportunity to contribute to upholding people’s rights to dignity and provide a truly memorable day for people receiving care. Dignity Action Day aims to ensure people who use care services are treated as individuals and are giving choice, control and a sense of purpose in their daily lives.
Supporting Dignity Action Day will:
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care
- Provide someone with an extra special day
- Demonstrate that everybody in the community has a role to play in upholding Dignity in Care
- Remind the public that staff have aright to be treated with dignity and respect too
- Provide a great community networking opportunity