As part of St Anne’s commitment to supporting individuals working within the care sector, we are launching a partnership with The Care Worker’s Charity
The Care Workers Charity supports anyone working at St Anne’s by one-off hardship grants to support financial hardship.
The grants are not expected to be paid back and you can apply for a grant for a number of reasons.
This could be as a result of (not an exhaustive list for):
- If you experienced a sudden illness or injury is experienced
- If you experienced an unexpected loss of income
- If someone close to you has died
- If you have faced a recent relationship breakdown and/or domestic abuse
The Charity offer two types of grants typically limited to £500:
- Essential needs grants – one-off payment towards the cost of an item/need which is necessary to sustain basic health or to improve poor quality of life such as a grant being awarded to help you pay for essential home furnishings.
- Crisis grants – one-off payment to support someone experiencing an unforeseen or life changing circumstance such as helping with funeral costs for a bereavement. The Care Workers Charity will consider applications from anyone who works at St Anne’s as everyone meets the criteria; this can be anyone working in a central service role or a front line role. If your application is not accepted, The Care Workers Charity are able to direct you to other types of support
Further information on the scheme please click on the link or visit the website: www.thecareworkerscharity.org.uk/hardship-grant.
We hope that launching partnership with The Care Workers Charity will help you when circumstances change, in times of need.